Thursday 9 May 2013

Cathy Zielskes Clean & Simple: The Workshop (Week Five)

Yippee!  I finally completed my assignment for the week.  I sooooo underestimated the amount of time that this page would take me.  It has been great fun putting it together though.  The things that I am learning in Cathys class are invaluable (and it is building on my confidence using this computer immensely too!).  Seriously, if you want to take better photos - use Radlab.  I put in a link with the last post here.  It just takes any photo from drab to fab in a flash!

Here is a picture of the final product...


Yup, its a pocket page - hence the hefty amount of time it has taken to produce.  The goal for the assignment was to document one day out of your everyday ordinary life - which is great because sometimes I just get bogged down in making pages for the kids, birthdays etc and forget that I have a story to tell also!  Anyhoo, we had ten pockets to make up, each containing a journal card that detailed something that was happening in our own lives for any given hour.  On the back of each journal card is a photo of that same hour/activity etc.  I just loved doing this.  I am a list maker at heart and so having this whole day planned out in advance was right up my alley! 

With my newly acquired skills (heehee) I was able to make documents in PSE so I could post each of the journal cards and photos for this blog.  So, from the top...


I always have more to say than the space that I have to say it in!  I actually set my alarm for 6:30, but going to bed after midnight is not conducive to an ability to rise early is it?  Still, I was better today than I was yesterday when my knight had to come in and wake me at (gasp!) 10 to 8!!!  The children do not, I repeat, do not, like me rushing them at the last minute!  It's no good for anyones nerves, heehee.
 I really do love seeing my harri-hedgehog growing up and getting more independent.  Each little hurdle he overcomes is one less that I have to teach him so I try to make the most of each one.  It's a privilege really, and I love being the person that he turns to for help.


 
I really liked this photo but it just didn't fit in with the journaling I had planned.  Still, I can put it up here can't I?
 This is the view on the way to school.  Isn't it wondrous?  It never ceases to amaze me - the scenery.  We are so blessed to live in this land, to drive to school and partake in this masterpiece of our Creator.

Running while pushing a pram uphill while taking a photo is NOT easy!  I must've looked a site to anyone that drove past, hee hee!

 


 
I wanted to use this photo too, but space being what it is..




 So that's it!  Just like the other assignments I want to recreate this one also.  There is time enough for that though - I need to get onto Week 6 first!  I hope you liked my page, and more than that I hope you are inspired to get into Photoshop and RadLab and start playing with digital scrapbooking.  I can't say it enough, it really is so much fun and so much easier than you think!

Until next week,
Steph

3 comments:

  1. Loving this one. I have seen lots of different ways to document your day. Such a great record of the everyday moments. Makes you stop and appreciate and be thankful for the little things. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with that weeks class/layout! In particular I love the colour combination you chose and your patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It is such a cool class aye? It pushes me out of my comfort zone which is great. Thanks for your comments - its the encouragement I need to keep posting here!

    ReplyDelete