Monday 13 May 2013

Cathy Zielskes Clean & Simple: The Workshop (Week Six)

We're halfway!  I can't believe how fast the last six weeks have gone.  It is true the ol' saying - 'time flies when you're having fun'!  Our assignment this week was one that Cathy referred to as 'extreme minimalism' scrapbook style, and it was.  That is what I love about this workshop.  Get rid of the fuss and stuff and focus just on really good design and getting a story down.  I added quite a bit to my layout and still it is minimalist! 


            My whole world changed when you were born Little B.  All of a sudden I had this precious little bundle to look after.  I found my purpose in you, and for those first two years of your life I was completely absorbed with you and your world.  You brought a dimension to my life that I cannot even describe fully, but I think I never really lived until you did.  I believe we will always have a special connection - you need me but I need you too.  It is through you that I have seen myself, the good and the bad.  You have stretched me to my utter limits then comforted me (yes me!) when I can take no more.  I maintain the opinion that you will indeed be a man of God, I see him hidden in there under all those layers that come together to make you the precious gift that you are.  We had a life together for these first two years that I will forever cherish in my memories.  You grew as I did.  We each taught one another the value of this life even though you may never realise it.  You are the child of my heart.

          Fast forward ten years and my firstborn is twelve!  Your life has changed dramatically in a decade - more than the usual kid I believe.  You lost one Dad in so many ways and yet gained another - one hand-picked by God especially for you.  See, Jesus knows your every need and is more than capable (and wanting) to supply them.  You must remember this.  You needed siblings and now you have three!  I know lots of Mums say this but, for you it is true, you ARE the best big brother.  Yes you bicker and fight and they get on your nerves but you are tremendously loyal and they love you.  Our world would spin off its axis if you were to not be in it.  I rely on you so much which I know is hard at times.  Being the eldest you have had a lot of ground to break, but true to form you have risen to the challenge and proven yourself indispensable.  How many babies want their big brother instead of their mother?  You were the first one to get a cuddle from Petals, now that is saying something isn’t it?

Did you notice the typos on my layout because I sure did!  Anyway, there it is.  Assignment no.6 complete.  It was an 8 1/2 by 11 inch spread that I just mounted on 12 x 12 to suit my album but you see my point about minimalism aye?!  I'm looking forward to the next assignment but before that I need to get onto my other class see here.  The last couple of weeks have gotten away on me (well, every week since before the school holidays to be honest) and I haven't even looked in at the classroom!  Naughty me - I pay then don't play!  I've signed up for two more classes too but I'm not even going to mention them because they haven't started yet - phew.  I am quickly becoming a Big Picture Classes addict!

Hope you have a great week,
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment