Friday 19 October 2012

Taking stock of Christmas

I had all these ideas for a post today but they all flew out the window when I made a little side trip over to Simones blog (here).  The talk has turned to Christmas!

It makes sense really.  Every year it gets a little closer, the expectations get a little higher, the pressure a little more suffocating.  So why not start a little early and take stock of what Christmas is really about?

I'm going to join in with a couple of 'on to it' ladies that are on a mission to help us all bring Christ back in to Christmas and kick the stress to the curb!  It's fitting really that just the other day I read this quote..  "The key to organisation is managing chaos"; and who doesnt feel a little chaos when the jingle bells start to ring?  I think visiting this blog may be a good place to start when putting it all into perspective.

Here in my clan we have already sat down with the kids and discussed Christmas presents, and we decided as a family to have a holiday instead.  It was pretty easy really.  The choice was present or trip, and we didnt need to twist any arms!  We are all super excited and already I can feel a burden has lifted.

Next step.. let the extended family know.  Now that may be a hard one.

(Watch this space - I think Christmas is going to be a bit different this year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment