Friday 19 October 2012

Pinkalicious Party

We recently celebrated Blossoms first birthday, and what kind of party do you have for a one year old girl?  A pink one of course.  I told everyone, "It will be pink, pink, pink with a little bit more pink; and when you think you've had enough pink there will be more"!  And true to form, it was. 

I scoured the net (and pinterest in particular) for all things birthday/pink for a couple of months leading up to the day and Voila! Pinkalicious party no.1 was served up for all to enjoy.  I hope you like the photos. 

Things that inspired me are on my pinterest birthday board, so flick on over there if you want to replicate a pink party for your little princess.  Anything you see here that is not on my boards is my own idea (just thought I'd point that out!).





Here is the table in progress.  I had so much fun putting this together.  Seeing all the pieces come together that I had worked all week on was so cool.  And it didn't cost a bomb either!  You can see out the window that I have balloons dangling from the magnolia tree (that was a Pinterest idea)!
 



These tissue pom poms seem to be a really popular thing at parties now.  They are so easy to make, and they don't cost a lot.  I found out how to make them by typing 'tissue paper balls' into YouTube and watching a video that a sweet young girl had made. I've since found out that Martha Stewart has instructions on her site too.  You can find them here.

My only advice would be to use good quality tissue because it doesnt tear quite so easily.  It is only $4 so it is worth it.  Have a play with the number of sheets you use too.  I used six for mine.

 
 
 
I'm big on food, especially birthday food!  I save recipes and ideas in a special 'celebration' folder, all in anticipation of an event.  We don't have big birthday parties every year in our clan.  The kids get to have a big bash every five years (1, 5, 10.. you get the picture) so I go all out for it.  The rest of the time we have family celebrations and just a friend or two.  I just find it easier with four children to organise it this way.
 
 



I started making the food about three days before the big day arrived because there was soooo much I wanted to do.  I also wanted to make sure everything was pink so a lot of planning had to go into it.  Blossoms cake was the red velvet cake that I wrote about here.  The meringues are Pink Rosewater Meringues - a recipe that Jo Seagar shared on an entertaining show hosted by the lovely Sarah Bradley.  The show ran for about six weeks a few months ago.  I also made pink sweetheart biscuits, pink marshmallow rice bubble slice, pink rosewater coconut ice, pink strawberry macarons and flavoured waters from Jamie Oliver.  One was flavoured with strawberries, raspberries & blueberries, and the other was lemon, mint & cucumber.  On top of that was every pink lolly/treat I could find - jellybeans, pink licorice all-sorts, eskimos, berry marshmallows, pinky bars, lamingtons and pink 100 & 1000's mini biscuits - all washed down with pink lemonade!  My sister made pink and white cupcakes and everyone else bought something pink also.  You can imagine the food overload!

I actually started to feel bad about the amount of 'treat' food so I threw in waffles, fruit (the healthy bit), icecream and chocolate fudge sauce too.  Ok, thats treat food too!  But, what the hang, it's a party right?!

I don't have a photo of the table when it was completely laden, but I do have a photo of the birthday girl tasting the culinary delights..





and here is one trying out her new bike.. (good colour choice Nana P)!




and of course two of the siblings helping to open the presents ...





And finally, the centrepiece I made that didn't fit on the table once all the food was on it!  Little B and I had to sort through three large bags of jellybeans just to get the pink and white ones!  Why, oh why, can't you buy single coloured jellybeans?  It would make life so much easier... but then we wouldn't get to chomp through all the 'surplus to needs' ones would we? 

The card on the right is from Colleen. One of my most favourite scrappers and a lovely friend.  Thanks Colleen.




Thats it folks.  Roll on November and the next big birthday!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely party - perfect for a gorgeous one year old... well done mama!
    x

    ReplyDelete