Saturday 20 October 2012

Look

Since starting this blog I haven't stopped looking.  Looking at others blogs.  Looking at other mums.  I've started to wonder whether this is what I really want to do.  Already I look to see if anyone notices I am here.  Already I look to see if there is a comment.  Already I look for validation.

Is that what I want this blog to do to me? 

Every where I look there are super-mums.  They seem to have it all and be able to do it all.  I look at perfectly formed blogs with buttons and pages and graphics that I can only dream of.  I look at the photos of their families and friends, and the latest adventure in their lives that they have shared with us all and I wonder where do I fit?  Where is my place in this blog world?

I want to stop looking.  I want to look at the one who created me and find that I am ok as I am.  I don't want to look like anything or anyone other than who I am.  I want to share my story with the world but know that it is ok to look like I do - not perfectly turned out, not all together.  But it is ok. 

I am made in the image of God.  When you look at me, what do you see?

Lisa-Jo Baker {tales from a Gypsy mama} started a writing linky to help people get into the habit of writing.  She offers up a prompt that you go for gold writing about for 5 minutes.  As a scrapbooker, I think this is a great idea because so often we concentrate on the photo in a layout and leave the story behind them out.  If you're interested in joining in on the linky just click the button below.  Easy Peasy.

Five Minute Friday

1 comment: