Thursday 11 April 2013

John Deere Party (Part 2)

So... here is part two of Harri-Hedgehogs fifth birthday.  We had the grandparents over for dinner, which gave me another chance to execute all the ideas I had had for his party with his friends but didn't have the time to pull off...


It had to start with balloons!  I sourced this idea from Pinterest.  You can find the original idea via here



It is so cool dining under a canopy of balloons!  I fully recommend it.. and who said you have to have a party to do it?  I'm a firm believer in coming up with any excuse to decorate!



I made use of the sweets that weren't finished, and some extra pinwheels I had made to serve as the table centrepiece.



Harri-Hedgehogs cake was chocolate with buttercream icing.  I used a little 'grass' nozzle thingee on my piping bag to make the grass.  Talk about easy (and it covers a multitude of mistakes too, heehee).  The 5 calves are schleich toys - they are brilliant (and serve another purpose)!




Of course he had to cut the cake with a saw!  Such a boy..



Blossom loved the balloons...



and the tractor...



but not as much as Harri-Hedgehog loved his truck!
 
 


He is one happy chappy!  And I am one happy mum with another party done and dusted!  What do you think?  I said in the last post that I would link in the sources of some of the things that I bought on-line, so here is the list below.  Have a fun time cruising the net for party ideas.  I hope you enjoyed viewing my take on a tractor party.


Lilybel Studio
Poppyseed
Pocotots
Vanilla cupcake
Sweet Pea Parties


See ya,
Steph

2 comments:

  1. You are such a clever, creative lady. He is one lucky boy. So cool to see all the things that I have heard about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Colleen. I hope I got you inspired too!

    ReplyDelete